1.10.2008

Running on

Even though at the moment my personal life feels like a disaster, I feel like my workouts are constantly improving. During the holiday season I had managed to gain a couple pounds, but now I'm actually under my initial weigh in weight for Fat Race. Last night I ran for three miles on the treadmill and finished in under a half hour. Throughout my run, I felt pretty good, but about halfway into it I caught a side cramp that didn't subside until about 10min before I finished. I need to figure out what causes cramps like that when I'm running (I got them before when I ran outside in the summer), and how to remedy them. Apparently I must have been feeling crappy, though I ran through it without slacking off, because once I got home and tried to eat something my jaw hurt like crazy; apparently I must have been clenching my teeth while I was running, probably to deal with the cramp. Thankfully, other than the jaw, I feel great this morning. Unlike after my run a couple days ago, I don't feel sore anywhere, even though I ran farther, faster, and even increased my pace to a 9.5 minute pace for the last 5min. I'm getting better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

drink more water....

yeahdog said...

I drink water all day - at least two Britta pitchers worth. I never stop peeing as it is. Is it that my work place is so dry that it quickly evaporates all I consume?