1.23.2008

Lack of energy

This week I'm going through a bad spell of insomnia (it always seems to happen after extended weekends, probably because I sleep so much during them). Yesterday it was almost impossible to keep my eyes open, yet when I finally got home and into bed, I wanted to read all night; that's what I get for being involved in a good book! Anyway, today I am going to try some different things to increase my energy to get through the day (that, hopefully, don't involve caffeine), but will tire me out in time for sleep. These will include drinking one extra britta pitcher of water to keep hydrated, and going to the gym over my lunch break to get my three miles in. I figure that an hour lunch break should be enough time to walk to the gym from my office, run, stretch a bit, walk back (this place is huge, so those walks actually take a few minutes), change out of my exercise clothes, clean up, and get back to work. I'm actually wearing my workout gear under my street clothing right now in order to save time. We'll see how it goes! I'll have more to report later.

4 comments:

Cycling Phun said...

Good luck on getting in the workout. I know Im already planning how early I'll need to get out of work in the summer to get a 50 mile ride in 3 times a week. With as busy as the roads are around here I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen anyone ride around here. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable riding to work. Tight roads, high speed limits, no shoulders, heavily industrial, and traffic like crazy 24/7.

yeahdog said...

Where exactly are you again? Is it bike-friendly at all? I know loads of people who get rides of that length in in Chicago, but we have all sorts of options with paths, bike lanes, etc.. Can't say I've gone in for the super-long-distance ride thing yet. I think I could if I had the right bike though!

julie said...

i used to ride 19 before work, 15 at lunch, and another 20 after work. the lunch hour workouts are cool but my face was bright red after that!

yeahdog said...

Yeah, I'm ready for the post-workout-at-work nastiness. When I was working my internship here a couple years ago we used to go play soccer on the lawn every day at lunch. Needless to say, the second half of the work day was smelly, though it flew by a lot quicker than the first!