3.13.2008

Slow week, and the tension builds

So this weekend is the main event - regionals for my women's hockey team. It's been a long time since I actually played for anything that mattered; just an in-house men's league championship a couple years back, but before that, nothing until we get back to high school days. It's funny, but after all these years, I still get nervous before the 'big game.' If we win this weekend, it's off to lovely (or not) West Chester, PA. If we lose... well, I'm not going to think about that just now!
Our competition are the unfortunately-named Hericanes from St. Louis, MO. We haven't had the best record against the Hericanes, but that can be directly attributed to the fact that we've never played them with our full team. To be honest, I have no idea what to expect on Saturday. They are a very well-coached team that takes advantage of every opportunity; when we're on our game, I could say the same about us. It all depends on who shows up with what mentality this weekend; I think we can do it, but we really have to be mentally there. We have the talent by far - now we just need to have our heads in the game. Judging by how we did last weekend against Madison's Capitals (a women's B team), I think we're in pretty good shape.
Obviously more to come on this subject on Monday. Wish us luck!

No comments: