12.31.2009

2009 - it was the best of times, it was the blurst of times...

Seems everyone is doing their year-end wrap up right now; the really ambitious are writing up their last decade, but my memory is too shot to attempt anything that grand. If all goes well, I may be able to accurately sum up the last 12 months without forgetting anything major, but if I do and you catch it, you probably know me and my life well enough to realize I'm lucky to remember what little I do. So, without further ado, 2009:
January

  • According to my google calender, I certified for the last time with unemployment on the 30th of December, 2008. I had been unemployed for almost five months.
  • 1/6 I started working as a graduate assistant at The HistoryMakers three days a week; that was enough to get me off the dole.
  • Hit up tourneys in Detroit and Las Vegas.

February

March

April

  • Tournament outside of Toronto.

May

June

  • At some point became full time at The HistoryMakers, and gained the title Assistant Archivist.

July

  • Bleh

August

  • Inlaws took us on an awesome vacation on which we hit up Norway by boat, and then drove around Germany.

September

  • Bought a home in Bridgeport and moved in. Still in the process of making it ours, but it's a labor of love.
  • Got to sail on a sailboat from Waukegan to Chicago overnight, something I'd always wanted to do.

October

  • Got a call out of the blue from a place I had applied for a job at back when I was still unemployed. This eventually turned into a job offer, which I gladly accepted.
  • Went on a trip with Claudia to Vietnam and Cambodia.

November

  • Started working at the Union League Club of Chicago as the head of the library, with the potential to also take over the archives when time and funds permit.
  • Went from hourly grunt to salaried master of my own domain.

December

  • Finally got to ride the CTA Holiday Train.
  • Settled in for my long winter's nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

yeahdog said...

Thanks, anon!