6.11.2009

We have a house*

Dan called me last night from Houston, at the Astros game, to tell me that our offer had been accepted more or less outright. *I am reserving doing the happy dance until we have keys in hand because things can never be that simple with us. Apparently the place they had lined up to buy just got taken off the market because the seller wants to sell to a family member; I hate to be the one to wish ill on anyone's hopes and dreams, but I'm kind of pulling for that sale to fall through so we can get this over with.

As things stand right now, we have a closing date of 9/1, 'or ASAP;' if things move along quickly, we'll move more quickly. This presents a minor problem because our lease is up 8/1. The plan as of right now is to throw our stuff in pod storage and live with the folks - on the bright side, this won't need to go on too long because we're going to be in Europe for the majority of August.

So, still waiting, but this time with a bit more hope.

2 comments:

Cycling Phun said...

er, congratulations?

yeahdog said...

Yeah not quite there yet, but kind of? I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but after getting burnt with the last one, I'm being reserved with the celebrations until our junk is moved in!