8.27.2009

Keys

Tomorrow we get the keys to the new castle - I can't even explain how I feel about that right now. I'm trying to ignore it so that I don't get too distracted, but every once and a while I remember what's going on and I get a touch of the butterflies in the stomach. I can't wait to start bringing stuff over and making things our own - not having to deal with anyone else's BS. I can't wait to think about planning my garden and doing all the things I've been wanting to do with more space of my own. Dan will have his workshop area, and we'll finally have our basement bar. There will finally be enough room to not have bikes in the living room or hockey equipment airing out in the kitchen.

The nest week or so of living out of boxes will be kind of bogus, but the ends will definitely justify the means.

From what we've been told by the old owners, the Bridgeport welcoming committee has already been over asking questions and trying to feel us out, so I'm curious how that will all go down. I told them to tell them we were incredible loud, messy, and Cubs fans, so we'll see.

No comments: