4.27.2009

training plan for reaching grad school finish line

So I am in the final stretch and looking at a mountain of work (not shocking in the least). In order to avoid complete mental meltdown in the next two weeks, I have plotted out my own homework/life training plan to keep myself from piling too much on one day, and loading the other days with non-stop, hair-pulling stress. I have also done my best to write in some running days so that my 1/2 training can possibly not go completely down the toilet.

As for the other necessities like breathing, bathing, house work, and possibly packing for a move I don't know is actually coming or not - those will have to fall somewhere into the cracks of time I have left. On the plus side, our 'due to be homeless' date isn't until June 1, so at least that gives me a couple weeks to collect my wits after walking down that aisle, getting my diploma, and diving headlong into the real world (or not).
Somewhere in that time Karen and I were supposed to take a cross-country trip, but everything is hanging in flux right now until I find out when I am supposed to start work (my contract at the current place supposedly has been extended until the end of summer session). I also am feeling a bit hesitant to leave town if Dan and I have no idea what we're doing about living space. For those of you who aren't immediately in the loop, our lease is up June 1, we've been searching for a home to buy for the last couple months, and our land lady refuses to let us go month-to-month until we sign on a place. We had a place that we'd made an offer on, and had that offer accepted, but the seller completely screwed us over and walked away at the last minute. Back to square one with a little more than a month to find a home has us just a little bit frazzled. There have been many tiffs, and many make up meals and ice cream - nothin' says lovin' like training-massacring stress eating.

No comments: