11.21.2007

When it rains, it pours...

...but sometimes a little bit of precipitation can be nourishing. As always seems to be the case in my life, the end of term is insanely hectic for me; one year it was illness and death in the family; another it was writing a thesis and working an internship while planning a wedding; this year it seems to be my first real semester of grad school, mixed with a dash of trying to sell our condo and buy a house.

Normally I rise to the challenges that fall in my lap at this time of year, but for some reason this year I'm a but gun shy; perhaps I'm getting soft in my old age - mellowed by the sedentary, non-academic lifestyle I have grown accustomed to since my graduation. But now it is time to shake off the cobwebs and spring into frenzied action. Bake the large batch of cookies that I wanted to bring to dinner tomorrow? Sure! Clean up the house by Saturday for the realtor to come look it over whilst planning for a large dinner party that same night? Got it! Write my first drafts for the two sections of my group project I volunteered to take on, and help proofread someone else's? Check! Assemble a 15 page literature review covering no less that 7 sources? OK... perhaps with less enthusiasm. Live life without going mad? I'll get back to you on that one. Happy holidays everyone - stay sane.

No comments: